Easy Cheesecake with Pretzel Crust
Perfect for indoors, camping or when you need an easy to make, sweet treat in a hurry!
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 6-8
- Category: Desserts
- Method: Comfort Classic
For the Crust:
- 1 pkg. Graham Crackers, or 1-1 1/2 c. Graham Cracker Crumbs
- 1/2 c. Pretzels
- 8 Tbsp. Butter
- 1/3 c. Sugar
For the Cheesecake Filling:
- 8 oz. Cream Cheese, well softened
- 12 oz. tub of Whipped Topping
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- 1/3 c. Powdered Sugar
- 1 tsp. Lemon Juice
For the Crust:
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees or if camping, lite up ~ 27 coals, use 9 on bottom, 17 on top of 12″ Dutch Oven. (Even easier, bring pre-made graham cracker pie crust.)
- Crush or pulse graham crackers (or crumbs), pretzels, and sugar to a fine crumb.
- Melt butter, then mix thoroughly into graham cracker mixture.
- Press into pie plate*.
- Bake in oven or Dutch oven for 8-12 minutes until brown and set.
- Remove and let cool.
Prepare the Cheesecake Filling:
- While crust is cooling, mix or blend together very soft cream cheese, whipped topping, vanilla, lemon juice, and powdered sugar. (If you are doing this outdoors by hand, expect a chunkier result than if you used a food processor or mixer.)
- Once creamy, spoon into graham cracker crust, and gently smooth out.
- Chill for 1 hr. or if outdoors, dig in.
- Top with your favorite berries, fruit glaze if desired, or pie filling and enjoy.
*Since thickness of crust and filling can be so individualized, this recipe can be adapted to your personal preference:
- Recipe will make:
- 10″ pie crust
- 12″ Dutch oven bottom crust
- 1-9×13″ pan for bottom crust
- Or, adjust crust thickness to your preference.
- For an easy way to press mixture down, use a measuring cup and pressure to form desired shape and uniform thickness.
- Health Substitutions: Low or Non-Fat Cream Cheese and Whipped Topping